Trustee (Voluntary Role) - ELT Partnership, Enfield
Advert for the Trust Board
Yes, you really can shape the generation of tomorrow by supporting the young generation of today!
Trustee (Voluntary Role) – ELT Partnership, Enfield
Start Date: September 2022
A wonderful opportunity has arisen to join the Trust Board at ELT Partnership, a family of seven schools located in north London, who last year was shortlisted for a national award in recognition of our achievements in levelling up the educational playing field.
Community, family and children are at the heart of what we stand for and our pledge to deliver the very best education for all pupils, irrespective of starting points or background is what drives us on. There is far more to preparing children for the challenges and opportunities than simply academic results. We look at success in all its forms and make sure that we unlock the potential which lies in every child, whatever that may be and wherever it may take them.
To do all this requires great leadership and team work at every level of the organisation; from the classroom to the board room, and this is where you may be able to make a valuable contribution. The role of a Trustee is very much strategic in that you will be taking a ‘helicopter view’ of how well each of our schools are doing but you will also get to get to know the schools through visits for example, and by attending celebration events.
You do not need to be an educational expert either; in fact, we welcome people with skills and backgrounds outside of education so that we may benefit from a healthy balance and diversity of perspectives. On this occasion however, we are hoping to recruit two trustees, one with education experience (especially with SEND experience) and one who brings experience in the field of governance or leadership in the private sector or charitable organisation.
This is a challenging but hugely rewarding role and one which you can help make a big difference to young peoples’ lives. In terms of personal attributes, we are looking for someone who:
- understands and observes the principles of public office (Nolan Principles)
- is committed to promoting the highest standards of safeguarding across all of our schools
- cares passionately about children and providing the best education possible
- is determined to help level up the inequality of opportunity for young people
- will commit to upholding the vision and values of our Trust
- has the capacity to attend four full Board meetings and three sub-committee meetings a year (day time)
In return for your commitment, we offer you the opportunity to:
- make a real difference to the lives and aspirations of our children and young people
- ensure that our staff benefit from working in the best environments possible where their health and wellbeing are at the forefront of our thinking
- develop your professional skills and experience at a strategic level, similar to that of a director
- gain experience of a working environment different to your own
- be a valued member of a hardworking and inspirational team
If this is of interest, please come and meet with us and visit one of our schools. We will provide information about induction, including the necessary compliance checks and you may also like to visit our website at www.eltpartnership.org.
Applications close on Friday 8 July 2022 with a view to meeting with the Chair of Trustees and the CEO at a mutually convenient time before the end of term (21 July 2022).
For further information and an application form please contact: Estelle Tierney, Chief Operations Officer
on 020 8807 3140 or email email@example.com