Music/Class Teacher - Bowes Primary School
Apply by: Thursday 30th June 2022
Interviews: w/c Monday 4th July 2022
Salary Scale: MPS/UPS (Outer London)
Hours: 2 days per week x 39 weeks per annum (term time)
Contract Term: Permanent
Job Start: 1st September 2022
Bowes Primary School is looking for an enthusiastic, inspirational class teacher who will teach music across the school. The specific responsibilities for the music teacher include:
- Planning inspiring and high-quality music lessons in accordance to the Primary National Curriculum to pupils across the primary age with a clear progression of skills
- Contribute to extra-curricular music across the school
- Contribute to whole school music events, performances and workshops
The ideal candidates must also be flexible (as every day is different) adaptable and hard working. You will need to be a well-organised person who can work independently and as part of a team and have the skills to build positive relationships with children and colleagues.
The successful candidate will:
- be passionate about children’s progress and achievement
- put children at the heart of everything you do
- be able to work as part of a team, sharing excellent practice and learning from others
- work hard and have strong inter-personal skills
- enjoy making learning exciting
With easy access into central London, our school is ideal for candidates wanting to live in either inner or outer London.
As part of the ELT Partnership we are strongly committed to providing high quality professional development and career progression for all staff. We are able to offer significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues at this school and across the Trust.
We value the wellbeing of our staff and provide opportunities to ensure our staff have a healthy work-life balance. We are constantly reviewing our practices to ensure that our staff can focus on what matters: providing a rich environment in which children can learn and thrive. As part of the Trust, we offer:
- A friendly, welcoming school with a strong community ethos
- Well-being days
- Perkbox app – with access to hundreds of exclusive company perks i.e. high street discounts
- Modern technology for home and school use
- Employee support hub
- Attendance reward scheme
- Cycle2Work scheme
In line with recent legislation, applicants must have a command of spoken English that is sufficient to effectively carry out duties of the role. Please specify the role you are applying for.
Please visit our website to learn more about Bowes: http://www.bowesprimaryschool.org
Visits are warmly welcomed, please contact Michelle Baptista, School Business Manager, to arrange this on 020 8368 2552, or for any further information. For an application pack please email our Human Resources Office firstname.lastname@example.org.
All ELT Partnership schools are committed to Safeguarding therefore, all employees working at this school must have the ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of our children and young people. All candidates are required to complete the school’s ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ declaration and will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). For posts in regulated activity, this will include a barred list check.
ELT Partnership and its schools are committed to ensuring that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status or race. Our motto is 'be included' and we welcome applications from all sections of society